Based in Orlando, Florida
September 20, 2012
Press / Business contact:
C/O Phyken Media
401 S Rosalind Ave
Orlando, FL 32801
Available Upon Request
ThatWhichIs Media is an Orlando-based independent game development studio owned and operated by sole proprietor Corey Cochran.
Founded in late 2012, ThatWhichIs Media's first game (an Android game titled 'Zombaldo') released April 2013. Also in April 2013 Corey suffered a personal loss, leading to the six hour development of his first Ludum Dare compo entry 'one life,' a game about the contemplation of suicide in which patience and consideration were mechanics. 'one life' won 52nd place in "Humor" out of more than 1,000 competition entries.After That
Since then, ThatWhichIs Media has independently and collaboratively designed, developed, and published games for consoles, desktop, mobile, and web. In late 2014 ThatWhichIs Media developed a Unity integrated USBmicro U421 controller for a 'Scent Palette' device to assist in a UCF graduate psychology study using virtual simulations (update: this solution has since been used in additional studies at other universities). In 2017 ThatWhichIs Media helped with the technical design and installation of Mark Gerstein's interactive exhibit 'Broken Branches' at the Orlando Museum of Art.Recent
ThatWhichIs Media is credited as 'Additional Programming' in 3x 2019 Independent Games Festival Finalist (including the Seumas McNally Grand Prize) 'Hypnospace Outlaw,' and designed an in-game application to demonstrate the capabilities of a proprietary internal scripting language. Corey's most recent Ludum Dare entry, 'Spacebook' (a contemplation on social media), won 11th place in "Humor."
Pencil Pushers at Otronicon - WOFL Fox 35 - 20150117 YouTube
Those Devils Ducks, at IndieNomicon - 20140904 YouTube
There are far more images available for ThatWhichIs Media, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Seumas McNally Grand Prize Finalist - 'Hypnospace Outlaw'" - Independent Games Festival, April, 2019
- "Excellence in Visual Art Finalist - 'Hypnospace Outlaw'" - Independent Games Festival, April, 2019
- "Excellence in Audio Finalist - 'Hypnospace Outlaw'" - Independent Games Festival, April, 2019
- "Excellence in Design Honorable Mention - 'Hypnospace Outlaw'" - Independent Games Festival, April, 2019
- "Nuovo Award Honorable Mention - 'Hypnospace Outlaw'" - Independent Games Festival, April, 2019
- "Best Mobile Game - 'Time To Die: Adventures'" - IndieNomicon 4th IndieVersary, April, 2017
- "3rd Place Reverse Pitch Challenge - 'Kitty Kitty Bang! Bang!'" - Make It Possible Abilities Tech Expo by the Conductive Education Center of Orlando (CECO), March, 2016
- "11th Place in 'Humor' - 'Spacebook'" - Ludum Dare 31, December, 2014
- "43rd Place in 'Humor' - 'Asshole Ducks'" - Ludum Dare 28, December, 2013
- "52nd Place in 'Humor' - 'one life'" - Ludum Dare 26, April, 2013
Florida Film Festival
Corey Cochran previously acted as Technical Director for the FFF: http://www.floridafilmfestival.com/.
Indie Galactic Space Jam
Corey Cochran founded and event organizer for IGSJ: http://www.indiegalacticspacejam.com/.
Downtown Orlando Global Game Jam
ThatWhichIs Media acts as a sponsor and event organizer for DTO GGJ: http://www.orlandogamejam.com/.
Corey Cochran is a volunteer program manager for IndieNomicon: http://www.indienomicon.com/.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Owner, ThatWhichIs Media
Artist, TernCraft Games
Artist, TernCraft Games
Dr. Peter Smith
Professor, UCF SVAD
Owner, Bad Pilcrow